This week, we honor the approximately 3.5 million drivers who move an estimated 70 percent of the United States’ freight. These dedicated professionals work tirelessly to ensure products are picked up and delivered across the country safely and on-time.
To focus on the impact these drivers have on the United States and its economy, we’ve compiled some numbers that show just how valuable they are:
- 1. Almost six percent of all the full-time jobs in the U.S. are in the trucking industry.
- 2. Many grocery stores would run out of food in a mere three days if OTR professionals stopped driving.
- 3. OTR drivers log an average of more than 100,000 miles annually.
- 4. Trucking is larger in annual revenue than any U.S. manufacturing industry.
- 5. The U.S. trucking industry produces an estimated $255.5 million of revenue each year, $18 billion more than air transportation.
- 6. Approximately $671 billion worth of manufactured and retail goods are transported each year by truck in the U.S.
- 7. The American trucking industry in 2017 posted revenues higher than the gross domestic product of more than 150 countries.
- 8. An estimated 8.9 million people are employed in trucking-related jobs in the U.S.
Dynamic Transit was founded by over-the-road truck drivers Fred and Michele Khani in 1987 with one primary goal: to treat drivers better than any other company in the industry. Our drivers know they’re part of our family, whether they’ve been with us for a year or 20. All our drivers get to ride in style with new Peterbilt 389s and top-of-the-line, 53-foot air ride trailers. Plus, they enjoy predictable home time, reliable equipment and competitive benefits.
Take a look at the following video to see some of our team out and about showing our appreciation for our fellow drivers.